The display cases reach over 20,000 visitors per day in the Lory Student Center. Ensuring a distinguished message, display cases allow for a good dose of creativity and a personal touch to any message.
Consult our “Policies” and “Specifications” tabs below to answer any questions.
There are 7 cases available per week, please use the calendar to check for case availability.
There is no charge for reserving a display case.
Reservations and Confirmation
The Lory Student Center makes available to registered student organizations and University departments / programs a number of display cases for the purposes of promoting programs and events.
- Only registered student organizations and / or University departments / offices may utilize the LSC display cases.
- A maximum of 15 days per academic year (August – May) may be used by any group that meets the above requirement. Saturdays and Sundays do not count towards the total days allowed.
- Reservations may be made up to 10 months in advance.
- Reservations for the upcoming academic year can be taken beginning July 1.
Policy approved by the Lory Student Center Governing Board, March 21, 2003
Using the Cases
- When designing a display case, please return any items that have been left behind by previous organizations to the Colab office.
- Please be courteous to fellow organizations by keeping the cases and the glass, tidy and clean.
- Groups can place items into their reserved display case beginning at 9:00 a.m. on the first day of the reservation.
- Organizations or departments MUST have their items removed by 4:00 p.m. on the last day of their reservation.
- All glass shelves and brackets must remain inside the case.
- Groups cannot place items on the wall outside of case or between glass windows.
- Disclaimer: Although the display cases have locks, they are not 100% secure. Groups should be aware that the LSC is not responsible for any lost and/or stolen items placed in the display cases. Any stolen items should be reported to the University Police Department, as well as to the Colab office.
- A representative from your organization must be able to come into the Colab office in the LSC to check-out the key for your reserved display case.
- The representative must fill out their information in our Display Case Log Book upon arrival in order to receive the display case key.
- A valid form of identification is required by the person picking up the key, which will be held as collateral until the key is returned.
- Key may be checked out from 9 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and cannot be checked out overnight or over the weekend.
Colab is not responsible for items left in the display cases after the last day of your reservation. If your organization or department wants to keep or reuse these items, make sure to clear them out or items may be thrown away.
Any further questions, email Colab Marketing or call 970-491-6918.