A Little Help’s “Service Saturday!”
October 19 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
[Service Happenings: Volunteer Request]
Service Saturdays! are twice-yearly events providing volunteer assistance with various home maintenance jobs, cleaning, organizing, raking, and other outdoor tasks. Event volunteers join trained A Little Help volunteers to form small teams and tackle a multitude of tasks. We welcome individual volunteers and volunteer groups. We appreciate your help to serve and celebrate the older adults in our communities.
Meet at Edora Park, though we will work in various locations throughout Fort Collins. We will start the day with cinnamon rolls fresh from the Silver Grill, and Starbucks coffee, and will finish with a celebration (location TBD), with beverages and snacks.
Volunteer roles include:
- Yard work – raking, trimming bushes, pulling weeds
- Various home maintenance jobs
- De-cluttering closets
- Washing windows
- Dusting cobwebs and ceiling fans
- Touching up paint
- Polishing furniture and floors
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Volunteers are placed into teams 6-10 individuals each.
- Most teams will be going to 1-2 homes and work should be completed by noon
- There are a limited supply of tools provided. If you can bring your own, please do.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and can get dirty.
- Please plan to join us at check-in rain or shine. We will get done whatever we can given all weather conditions.
- Groups will carpool from meeting location to the homes.
- No children or teens should be dropped off without prior transportation arrangements.