Currently our hiring process is closed. Check back in the future for more opportunities!
Thank you for your interest to join the Student Leadership, Involvement, & Community Engagement (SLiCE) Staff Team. Our team comprises of full-time staff and student staff who work in/for SLiCE, but also serve in administrative roles for the Associated Students of Colorado State University (ASCSU); these ASCSU roles are not elected positions.
We believe “it pays to get involved!” Join the SLiCE Student Staff Team, and:
- Pursue career development & personal growth
- Lead & communicate with integrity
- Expand awareness of local & global issues
- Creatively & collaboratively manage projects
- Find community & positively impact it!
We hope to hire 19 “Student Staff Team Members” for the next academic year, starting in August 2021 through May 2022. All Student Staff Team Members have the ability to work the same number of hours each week (up to 10 hours/week) and all new hires are paid the same starting rate ($12.32/hour). Yet, each “Collective,” or area, of SLiCE offers different types of work depending on the programs and services that the student staff member is directly working for and among.
Student Staff Team Member Information
Hiring Overview for all SLiCE Student Staff Team Members
- Start Date: Wednesday, August 11, 2021
- Time Frame: Fall/Spring
- Hourly Pay Rate: $12.32/hour
- Hours Per Week: up to 10 hours/week (most positions work between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday, though some exceptions apply for roles that directly support evening and weekend programming and services)
- Positions Available: 19 work-study/hourly
- Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website.
- Main Work Location: 210 Lory Student Center; Fort Collins, CO 80523 (SLiCE) and 206 Lory Student Center; Fort Collins, CO 80523 (ASCSU) – the nature of work depend on how the University is operating at the current moment (i.e., in-person, virtual, hybrid, or remotely).
- Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
Terms of Employment for All SLiCE Staff Team Members
- Attend our required, multi-day Fall Student Staff Training (Wednesday 8/11/2021 – Friday 8/13/2021, and Monday 8/16/2021 – Friday 8/20/2021) [required for employment]
- Attend Lory Student Center’s SHAPE Trainings: Employee Kick-Off (early September), Leadership & Professional Development Conference (late January) [required of all SLiCE staff]
- Attend all required (90-minute) SLiCE All-Staff Meetings (exact dates TBD, will occur in 10/2021, 11/2021, 02/2022, and 03/2022) [required of all SLiCE staff]
- Attend optional End-of-Semester SLiCE Celebrations (5:00 PM – 7:00 PM on Friday 12/03/2021 and 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM on Friday 4/29/2022)
- Work portions of SLiCE’s all-staff events/programs, when requested (i.e., RamWelcome Carnival, Ramapolooza; Fall Involvement Expo; C.A.N.S. Around The Oval; Spring Involvement Expo, Project Homeless Connect, CSUnity, and SLiCE’s award ceremony)
- Maintain weekly office hours as negotiated with supervisor.
- Attend all meetings set with supervisor and team.
- Most student staff are not expected to work during fall, winter, spring, or summer breaks; though there may be an opportunity to work over breaks, if interested.
- Student staff do not work when the University is officially closed.
- Student staff are employed for the academic year: August through May.
Required Skills for all SLiCE Student Staff Team Members
- Must demonstrate a commitment to CSU’s Principles of Community
- Must be eligible to be a student hourly employee
- Must demonstrate a commitment to social justice, leadership, service, involvement, and multicultural education
Preferred Skills for all SLiCE Student Staff Team Members
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team member on various projects
- Evidence of being dependable, motivated, ambitious, flexible, and taking initiative as demonstrated by personal experiences and/or previous employment
- Proficient oral, written, and digital communication skills
- Proficient problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Previous experience with SLiCE and ASCSU programs
6 Positions Available
This Collective comprises staff who work the front desks of SLiCE and ASCSU and perform accounting for both SLiCE and ASCSU. Additionally, marketing and graphic design work for SLiCE are involved in this Collective. Customer service is central to their work. Overall, work in this Collective is more generalist and all-encompassing, since it provides administrative support to the other three Collectives.
- ASCSU Accountant (1 position available)
- ASCSU Receptionist (1 position available)
- Graphic Designer (1 position available)
- Marketing Coordinator (1 position available)
- SLiCE Accountant (1 position available)
- SLiCE Receptionist (1 position available)
7 Positions Available
This Collective comprises staff who work within our civic engagement, community service and support, and hunger relief programs and services. Student staff could lead voter and governmental involvement initiatives; volunteer and community building initiatives; and food pantry and other food security initiatives.
- Civic Engagement Coordinator (1 position available)
- Community Support Coordinator (2 positions available)
- Rams Against Hunger Coordinator (4 positions available)
4 Positions Available
This Collective comprises of staff who support students seeking more on- and off-campus involvement opportunities, whether that includes participation and leadership within registered student organizations (RSOs) or exploring other forms of involvement via an advising session. Based on students’ experiences, interests, and goals, this staff provides resources, guidance, and opportunities in a variety of ways.
- Involvement Advisor (2 positions available)
- Registered Student Organization (RSO) Coordinator (2 positions available)
2 Positions Available
This Collective comprises staff who oversee curricular (academic) and co-curricular (extracurricular) leadership programs and services. SLiCE’s leadership offerings range from hour-long to year-long commitments, but all provide opportunities for self-reflection, education, personal growth, and social change work.
- Co-Curricular Leadership Specialist (1 position available)
- President’s Leadership Program’s (PLP’s) – Recruitment, Marketing, & Outreach Coordinator (1 position available)