Looking to volunteer, but seeking some solid resources to do so? Service Happenings is for you! This program features a regularly updated calendar, a twice-a-month newsletter, and eventually, an engaging, online database of local, state-wide, national, and global non-profits offering virtual, remote, solo, and physically-distanced volunteering opportunities. Volunteering offerings range from one-time opportunities to ongoing/long-term commitments and are geared toward members of the Ram Community.
Topics in this bi-monthly newsletter could include:
- ethical volunteering best practices
- community engagement internships/civic job opportunities
- mutually-beneficial and sustainable community partnerships
- values-based service-learning
- fundraising and crowdfunding tips and tricks
- inspirational acts of kindness and collective care
Other Suggested Volunteering Resources:
If you are a local community agency (non-profit or governmental organization) and want assistance marketing your volunteering opportunities to the CSU community, then Service Happenings is for you! This is a great resource to promote your volunteering opportunities through our current calendar and newsletter – and eventually our interactive, online database! All submitted volunteer opportunities are subject to review by the SLiCE office and volunteers are not guaranteed.