Lory Student Center (LSC) is a student-centered organization at the heart of campus, providing programs and services that create an inclusive community and inspire active, engaged learning. Nearly 24,000 people enter the building on daily basis. Lory Student Center Marketing oversees all aspects of communications for this campus hub, including marketing support for the CSU Bookstore; Campus Activities; Lory Dining Services; Operations; and Student Leadership, Involvement & Community Engagement (SLiCE). LSC Marketing supports our partners by designing and producing digital signs and way-finding, event and program posters, website graphics and social media content, and by representing the building in-person at tabling events across campus.
Current Open Positions:
- Student Graphic Designer, beginning in January 2023 https://colostate.joinhandshake.com/emp/jobs/7165675
For full consideration, apply through Handshake by 5 p.m. Monday, November 28, 2022.
Positions will be open until they are filled.
LSC Marketing Job Descriptions
Student Graphic Designer
As a Student Graphic Designer with LSC Marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to manage real design projects from start to finish, beginning with the client meetings and ending with final print and digital products. You’ll come away with hands-on experience in project management, including creating time and material estimates, contracting with vendors, working with brand standards, and managing real timelines. Student Graphic Designers will work alongside career graphic designers, web developers, video production artists, and public relations professionals.
- A second semester freshman or higher student studying Graphic Design or a related field.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and standard internet applications.
- Ability to work on Macintosh computers.
- Easily able grasp project parameters and manage tasks based on a timeline, strategy, and budget.
- Responds to constructive feedback and able to adapt to changes.
- Able to demonstrate creative style and past experience through samples of previous projects.
- Commitment to the Principles of Community (inclusion, integrity, respect, service, and social justice).
- Working knowledge of pre-press and print production.
- Basic knowledge of web and social media.
- A self-starter who can begin, maintain, and move projects forward.
- Active socially within the University community and beyond.
- An interest in refining skills for a career in marketing or corporate communications.
- Time management skills within a bustling production office.
APPLY THROUGH HANDSHAKE BY 5 P.M. MONDAY, NOV. 28, 2022