Room and Event Spaces Provided by Event Planning Services
The Lory Student Center features an assortment of flexible spaces of varying sizes. Event spaces include the Grand Ballroom, North Ballroom, Cherokee Park Ballroom, and the LSC Theatre. Also available are 29 meeting rooms of varying sizes. All rooms can be set in various ways to accommodate event needs. The capacities and pricing for each room can be found below.
RESERVE A ROOM TODAY FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT
The Grand Ballroom is newly renovated with all new finishes, lighting, audio visual, and catering service areas. The room can be divided into smaller sections and the west section features western views of the Rocky Mountains and the historic Aggie ‘A’.
The Grand Ballroom features state-of-the-art technology. Four 16′ x 10′ screens are located on the north wall featuring Christie 3-chip DLP 11,550 lumen projectors and a fifth projector and screen is on the east wall. Lighting is provided by over 400 LED fixtures and 16 custom chandeliers. Performance lighting is available in many different configurations. The house sound system has over 50 speakers providing complete coverage of the room and concert audio systems are available from Technical Services. All systems can be operated from within four technical booths by student audio visual technicians.
The North Ballroom is a medium sized ballroom located on the north side of the upper level. This carpeted ballroom is great for large lectures, workshop classrooms, banquets and resource fairs.
The North Ballroom features an LCD projector and house sound system for video and PowerPoint presentations. Additional audio equipment is available upon request, and while all of our rooms offer wireless internet connections to CSU’s network, presenters may be provided with a hard internet connection when requested.
Cherokee Park Ballroom
The Cherokee Park Ballroom is a small ballroom located on the north side of the upper level. This space can be booked for individual events, or paired with the attached University Club for a more versatile setting. This ballroom features a wooden floor, and beautiful cherry wainscoting to create a perfect setting for lectures, workshop classroom, banquets, and resource fairs.
The Cherokee Park Ballroom features dual 90″ flat screen displays and house sound system for video and PowerPoint presentations. Additional audio equipment is available upon request, and while all of our rooms offer wireless internet connections to CSU’s network, presenters may be provided with a hard internet connection when requested.
Catering for events in all ballrooms is available upon request.
Capacities and Pricing
Please note capacities will be affected by staging, buffet tables and technical needs.
|Grand Ballroom||200′ x 70′||1500||n/a||n/a||684||760||$520 |$825 | $1850|
|1 Section||48′ x 70′||330||84||66||180||160||$170 |$310 | $610|
|Ballroom D||55′ x 70′||360||90||69||198||200||$195 |$365 | $745|
|2 Sections (A/B or B/C)||96′ x 70′||660||n/a||n/a||360||360||$310 |$570 | $1150|
|2 Sections (C/D)||104′ x 70′||700||n/a||n/a||360||400||$310 |$570 | $1150|
|3 Sections (A/B/C)||141′ x 70′||900||n/a||n/a||522||560||$435 |$730 | $1500|
|3 Sections (B/C/D)||152′ x 70′||950||n/a||n/a||522||560||$435 |$730 | $1500|
|North Ballroom||80′ x 49′||360||90||60||180||168||$170 |$270 | $600|
|Cherokee Park Ballroom||60′ x 39′||150||66||45||90||96||$170 |$270 | $600|
1 The three above price points are in order of Student Organizations, Departments, and Off-Campus Entities.
Lory Student Center Ballroom/Theatre Event User Guidelines
Thank you for scheduling your event in the Lory Student Center. We look forward to working with you. In order to keep these facilities in ideal condition, the following guidelines must be followed for all events scheduled in the Grand Ballroom (or any section of the ballroom including A, B, C, and D Ballrooms), the North Ballroom, the Theatre, and the University Club, and Cherokee Park Room. We thank you for your cooperation.
- In general, the venue is ready according to your requests approximately 1-2 hours before your event is scheduled to begin for you to come in and prepare for your event. Please let the Event Planning staff know the time you need to be in the space, so that personnel are schedule and the venue is unlocked. For earlier access times additional fees will be incurred.
- All set-up requests and decorations should be discussed in detail with an Event Planning Coordinator at least two weeks prior to the event date.
- No display materials of any sort may be affixed to the walls, doors, windows, room partitions, curtains, and floors. Please ask for portable cloth dividers, pipe and drape, or sign stands from Event Planning to attach any displays.
- No tape (including duct, masking, and clear tape) is permitted in the venue. The use of nails, screws, or thumbtacks is prohibited in the venue. Please discuss with an Event Planning Coordinator the option of special rigging for hanging items.
- Banners may be hung from designated points on the ballroom ceiling. Please drop off your banner at least 24 hours in advance of your event. The Event Services staff will hang all banners and remove them within 24 hours after the event.
- Any food or beverage spills on the floor must be cleaned up immediately. If assistance is needed with a spill, please contact the Building Manager at 970-215-7112 or Catering personnel.
- The Lory Student Center assumes no responsibility for any items left in the Ballroom or Theatre after your event. Please remove all of your items by the end of the event.
- It is your responsibility to return the ballroom to its original set-up condition after the event. All trash must be discarded in waste receptacles. All cardboard boxes must be flattened and delivered to the Loading Dock for recycling. All decorations must be removed or discarded. We request that you not use confetti or glitter in your decorations due to the extensive clean up required and additional fees incurred. Please let the Event Planning staff know if you need additional trash receptacles. If the venue is in not left in its original condition, your organization will be charged a cleaning, trash removal, and possible damage fee depending on the condition of the space.
- All decorations must meet minimum safety standards as interpreted by Environmental Health and Safety. Fire codes prohibit the use of hay, straw, cornstalks, or other dry tinder in the venue. All balloons must be secured within the facility.
- Emergency exits and service doors are not to be blocked with any furniture, decorations, or equipment.The use of paint, glue, or aerosol spray products is not permitted in the Ballroom/Theatre or nearby facilities including the West Balcony.
- All candles must be in an enclosed in a fire resistant container. Please have all candles and containers approved by the Catering Coordinator prior to the event.
- All smoke, fog, confetti, and bubble machines and Light Show projectors using any type of liquid or dry ice are strictly prohibited in the ballroom. Please discuss any special effects planned with an Event Planning Coordinator in advance in advance of your event.
- Partition divider walls in the Grand Ballroom must be opened and closed by Event Planning Services staff only.
- Event Planning Services staff will regulate light and sound controls. Please submit all detailed light and sound requirements when submitting set-up plans two weeks prior to your event. Additional equipment and trained staff are available to help run your event with a two-week notice.
- The use of any sharp objects in a performance that may injure attendees and damage floors, walls, or ceilings is prohibited. Please ask your performers to explain if any props are used for a performance or activity in advance of the event.
Failure to adhere to any of guidelines will result in additional fees to the organization. These fees include:
- Extra cleaning, including confetti, glitter, or trash removal (labor charge)
- Extra set-up costs (labor charge)
- Cost of repairs to facility (replacement cost and labor)
- Cost from loss or theft of equipment (replacement cost and labor charge)
- Fire Department response for failing to follow the above guidelines ($200.00 per response)