Ram$ for Change
Ram$ for Change is a dynamic service-based program offering both volunteer and funding opportunities, depending on the type of participation. This community engagement program aims to meet immediate community needs and generate mutual understanding and support between Community Agencies (non-profits, government-based organizations, and CSU departments) and current CSU Rams. Overall, Ram$ for Change offers pre-planned service experiences for those seeking to create connections and make a quick and direct impact in the community.
Solo Volunteers and Volunteer Teams can both participate in Ram$ for Change. Solo Volunteers are not part of an established Volunteer Team. Volunteer Teams comprise 5 or more CSU Rams and require a Team Leader who also volunteers and is counted in the minimum of 5 volunteers. All Primary Team Leaders are required to complete Team Leader Training; they have more responsibilities than volunteers participating in Ram$ for Change. Learn more about how to participate and when to commit to upcoming service days to ensure your participation below.
Upcoming Ram$ for Change Service Days
- Saturday, February 18/Dear Jack Foundation (Commitment Form due MON 2/6 | Volunteer Waiver due WED 2/15)
- Friday, April 14/Project Homeless Connect (Commitment Form due MON 4/14 | Volunteer Waiver due WED 4/12)
CSU Volunteer Participation in Ram$ for Change
Ram$ for Change Fast Facts
- CSU students, faculty, and staff can all participate
- Service projects are 3-4 hours in length
- Participation is not guaranteed and is first-come, first serve
- Transportation is not provided (except for 4/14 service day)
- Volunteer Teams comprise 5 or more CSU Rams, and require a Primary and Secondary Team Leader
- Primary Team Leaders must complete Online Team Leader Training before committing their Volunteer Team to participate for the first time
- Only one Volunteer Waiver is required of each volunteer per academic year
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) Seeking Service Hours & Funds with Student Organization Financial Accounts (SOFAs)
RSOs with already set-up Student Organization Financial Accounts (SOFAs) may choose to opt-in to receive $20/CSU Volunteer if their RSO Volunteer Team fulfills the service agreement and service hours are adequately completed. RSO Volunteer Teams do not need to comprise exclusively of RSO members, but any CSU Ram (students, faculty, and staff) may volunteer with this RSO Volunteer Team for the funds to still be transferred. RSO Volunteer Teams must have students be the Primary and Secondary Team Leaders. Please note: Ram$ for Change is considered the quickest way for RSOs to earn funds via a CSU program.
Solo volunteers are as integral to Ram$ for Change, as our Volunteer Teams. SLiCE’s goal is to assign you (a solo volunteer not participating with a Volunteer Team) to a service project that is worth your while, meets your transportation and availability needs, and enables you to potentially befriend fellow Rams. If you want to participate in a Ram$ for Change service day in the future, the following steps need to be handled in this order.
- Solo Volunteer Interest Form – join our contact list by submitting this form.
- Volunteer Waiver – complete your waiver in advance, only one is due per person per academic year.
- Solo Volunteer Service Day Commitment Form – this form is sent out via email a few weeks in advance of an upcoming service day to those who submitted an Interest Form or have participated in Ram$ for Change before. It is also found at the bottom of this website when it is active. This form will describe the available service projects and the timing of each service project. You will have a reasonable amount of time to decide if you wish to commit to an upcoming service day or not. If you submit the Commitment Form by the deadline, you are demonstrating your intent to follow through.
- Commitment Email Follow-Up – a few days later you will receive an email from SLiCE’s Community Support Team learning if you were assigned a service project or were waitlisted. The next steps will be included in the email.
Volunteer Teams comprise of 5 or more CSU Rams and are led by a Volunteer Team Leader. The Primary Team Leader and Secondary Team Leader also volunteers, thus only 3 other volunteers are needed to meet the minimum participation. Volunteer Team Leaders have additional responsibilities and play a critical role in both SIGNING UP their team of volunteers and ensuring their volunteer team is SHOWING UP to their service project and following through. Depending on the type of Volunteer Team you are leading, the level of your involvement and depth of your duties varies. Below is a distinction between the two types of participating teams and team leaders.
- Volunteer Teams Seeking to Volunteer & Receive Funds (associated with a Registered Student Organization [RSO] with an already set-up Student Organization Financial Account [SOFA]). *NEW* Two RSOs can partner together to reach the minimum of 5 volunteers and serve as one Volunteer Team; SLiCE will then split the funds between each SOFA!
- Volunteer Teams Solely Seeking to Volunteer (either not associated with a RSO, a RSO without a SOFA, or a RSO opting out of receiving funds)
If you want your Volunteer Team to participate in a Ram$ for Change service day in the future, the following steps need to be handled in this order.
- Team Leader Interest Form – join our contact list by submitting this form.
- Online Team Leader Training – every Primary Team Leader is required to complete Team Leader Training prior to submitting a Service Day Commitment Form. A quiz is included in the training, and the Team Leader must pass the quiz to participate.
- Volunteer Team Service Day Commitment Form – this form is sent out via email a few weeks in advance of an upcoming service dayto those who submitted an Interest Form or have participated in Ram$ for Change before. It is also found at the bottom of this website when it is active. This form will describe the available service projects and the timing of each service project. You will have a reasonable amount of time to decide if you and your Volunteer Team wish to commit to an upcoming service day or not. If you submit the Commitment Form by the deadline, you are demonstrating your Volunteer Team’s intent to follow through.
- Commitment Chat – a few days later you meet one-on-one with a SLiCE’s Community Support on Zoom to learn if you were assigned a service project or were waitlisted. The next steps will be shared in the chat, with resources and critical information that follow via email.
- Volunteer Waiver – complete your waivers in advance, only one is due per person per academic year.
Every CSU Ram who commits to volunteering in a Ram$ for Change service day must submit a Ram$ for Change Volunteer Waiver. Only one waiver per person is required for the academic year. Waivers are always due the Wednesday before an upcoming service day. The waiver hardly takes 10 minutes to complete, get it out of the way today! A waiver must be submitted by every volunteer before they begin volunteering at their service project.
Community Agency Registration for Ram$ for Change
While Ram$ for Change offers service (provided by you) and funds (provided by SLiCE) to various CSU Ram Volunteer Teams, for Community Agencies (non-profit and government-based organizations) and CSU Departments, it offers a creative pathway to get CSU students to volunteer their time and energy for your immediate needs.
All submitted volunteer requests are subject to review by the SLiCE office and volunteers are not guaranteed. Though we cannot guarantee a match with a Volunteer Team (5 or more current CSU Rams), our Community Support Team will maintain communications with you once we receive your request form. Volunteer requests for service work must fall within 3 – 4 hours of service work, including transportation to and from CSU’s main campus. Service work must be located within a 30-minute drive of the Lory Student Center.
Please note, if you are a Community Agency that SLiCE has not worked with before, SLiCE will review your organizational status via the Colorado Secretary of State website to ensure we are permitting not-for-profit, service-based organizations to participate.
If interested in participating in this year’s pre-determined dates for Ram$ for Change service days, please complete the Community Agency Volunteer Request Form below. Volunteers are matched in the order we receive volunteer request forms. Participating agencies will not learn if volunteers have been matched with their service project until about one week before the service day.