The second annual SHAPE Conference is a professional opportunity for all employees in and of the Lory Student Center, specifically the incredible student employees.
- Breakfast & Lunch included
- No registration fee; sponsored by the Lory Student Center and partners
- Come for community, training, professional development, resume building and more!
Register by Jan 19th! Gift for the first 400 who register!
This is a training opportunity which seeks to address the learning objectives for LSC student employees/managers/supervisors and for CSU professionals who serve as current or future supervisors.
Highlights to look forward to this conference:
- Taking Your Skills to the Next Move: Post Graduation Success
- Building Financial Skills: Financial Literacy for Students
- LSC Student Employee Alumni Panel
- Generational Differences in Supervision
- Great food, great people, and so much more!
NOTE: If you have food/accessibility considerations, please email Emily.Ambrose@colostate.edu; we are committed to providing accommodations!
WORKSHOP OFFERINGS (Confirmed Workshops Below)
|Active Assailant Training|
|Affinity Space: Being a Student of Color and an LSC Employee|
|Affinity Space: Being a Student with a Disability and an LSC Employee|
|Affinity Space: Being LGBTQ and an LSC Employee|
|Bias on Campus: The Realities & the Processes|
|Connecting LSC Job Skills to Your Future|
|Cyber Security: Why You Should Care|
|Engaging Experienced Student Employees in Training|
|Financial Preparedness: Personal Budgeting|
|First Amendment on Campus|
|Implicit Bias & Student Employment|
|Navigating Difficult Situations in the Workplace: Exploring “Shoulds”|
|Racial Violence, Don’t be a Bystander|
|REAL: Building the Power Team|
|Student Employment & Activism|
|Supporting Students in Crisis|
|Keys to Supervision from a Generational Framework|
SHAPE Conference General Agenda
10:00-10:40 Opening Gathering – ALL
10:45-12:30 Extended Workshop Session
10:45-11:35 Workshop Session 1
11:40-12:30 Workshop Session 2
12:30-1:00 Serve Lunch
1:00-2:00 Lunch Program
2:10-3:00 Workshop Session 3
3:00-3:30 Closing – ALL